1. If you previously or currently serve in a public office, what did you accomplish in that capacity related to furthering inclusion and equity?
I have supported equal employment opportunities, equal pay and oppose discrimination. I want to see more minority hires. I am in favor of looking at affordable housing initiatives within our city. I am also in favor of hiring a diversity officer to serve the citizens of Edwardsville.
2. What have you done or do you do in your personal and/or professional life to further inclusion and equity?
Every day of my life I treat everyone with respect and dignity. We are all created equal and need to respect each other. I despise racism and strive every day of my life to treat everyone the same.
3. Do you think the Ninian Edwards statue should remain in City Plaza? Why or why not?
I supported the name change of the plaza. I support giving every citizen the full history of the life of Ninian Edwards which includes the good and the bad. I could also support removing the statue from the pedestal but I feel it should remain in the park so we can learn from history.
4. Do you support the City of Edwardsville utilizing affirmative action policies in employment and contracting? Why or why not?
I support affirmative action policies. We are currently getting ready for training on diversity and inclusion. No one should face discrimination in the work place.
5. If elected/re-elected, what would you do to foster inclusion and equity in Edwardsville?
If elected I would continue to expand on the initiatives that Mayor Patton has started. I would like to see a continued focus on hiring more minorities. I am also in favor of hiring a diversity officer and committing to the Human Relations Committee. I am also in favor of continuing the open forums that the Mayor has started with a review period to gauge progress every 2 years.
I have included my platform for your review. Thank you for your time and consideration.